Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 2016 Readathon: It's a Wrap!

It's officially over...you know when you finish a good book and for a few days life seems just a little pointless? That's how I feel right now. (Lucky for me the feeling will go away very soon because...you know...more books...) So here is my official wrap up post for my second 24 hour readathon.

Official Stats:
Pages Read: 1469
Books Completed: 5
Books partially completed: 3

Books Completed:
The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope
This was the first book I started with at 5am on Saturday morning. I read it straight through and was finished in about 3 hours. This book is geared for younger readers (though not super young) and I really really liked. Not super intense or un-put-down-able but just a sweet story about a girl who learns about her heritage and the history of her ancestral estate from the ghosts that live there. Definitely a good curled up in bed on a Saturday morning kind of book. Also, this book was on my October readathon stack and I never got around to it so I started off the day feeling extra accomplished. 

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo
This was a reread for me, but I just love this book, both the writing and the illustrations. Such a bittersweet story about learning to love...yes it's about a toy rabbit...yes I still sleep with a teddy bear...shut up...

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
I love The Guild. I love Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I love Felicia Day because, basically, I am her. Homeschooled? Check. Grew up playing video games in the 80s? Check. Got a music degree? Check. Forever the awkward one? Check. Became an internet star and started my own business...um...   Seriously though, funny book! You should read it!

The Guild by Felicia Day
Of course what better way to follow up her memoir than by reading her graphic novel!

Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg
Confession: I left this book sitting the bathroom and would just read a few pages when I was in there. Conclusion: This is a GREAT bathroom book, pretty sure I need to buy a copy to keep in there permanently. 

Unfinished Books:
The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchet
Less than 100 pages to go in this one, which, fyi, was also on my October readathon stack. No, I've never read Pratchett before. Yes, I'm a horrible person...

Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Do I really need a reason to reread this book? It's Little House on the Prairie people!!! I got about halfway through this book and it was such a great one to read a chapter or two of in between other things, just plain refreshing.

Unshelved by Bill Barnes
Not really a graphic novel, just a comic strip in book form. A comic strip set in a library of course!

Todays goals:
Finish my 3 unfinished books as well as People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks (I was reading this one before the readathon, just took a break from it yesterday) and Lumberjanes Vol 1! After that...well...I have a stack of 8 library books that are due on Tuesday so we'll see how many of those I can get through...

No comments:

Post a Comment