Saturday, April 16, 2016

Beginnings

I'm ElizabethAnne and I love to read. That's probably obvious since I titled my blog ElizabethAnne Reads. But I just want to make sure we're clear from the beginning. This blog is about books, the written word, the beauty of the ink on the page and the way it can spark your imagination. And what better way to start a new blog by participating in a 24 hour readathon. Next Saturday, April 23rd, I will be participating in my second readathon. (Here's the link if you are interested in joining me: http://www.24hourreadathon.com/ ) Basically the idea is that you set aside 24 hours to read as much as you possibly can and interact with other book addicts around the world via twitter, facebook, goodreads, and various blogs. It's pretty much the best kind of party ever. So I'll be here, kicking off this blog in style, posting updates throughout the day, letting you know what I'm reading, snacking on, thinking, and all kinds of other fun tidbits! I hope you'll be here to join me in between your own reading sessions. 

Just to whet your curiosity, here's a picture of the books I have chosen for the readathon. No, I won't be reading all of them, but these are the ones I will be selecting from. 



Unshelved - Bill Barnes
Lumberjanes - Noelle Stevenson 
The Guild - Felicia Day
Little House on the Prarie - Laura Ingalls Wilder 
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry - Gabrielle Zevin 
Time Was Soft There - Jeremy Mercer 
Bayou Magic - Jewell Parker Rhodes
The Thin Woman - Dorothy Cannell 
The Piano Shop on the Left Bank - Thad Carhart
The Sherwood Ring - Elizabeth Marie Pope
Texts From Jane Eyre - Mallory Ortberg 
The Last Dragonslayer - Jasper Fforde 
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins 
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate Dicamillo

The Moor - Laurie R. King 
The Blue Castle - L.M. Montgomery 
The Color of Magic - Terry Pratchett
The Enchanted Wood - Enid Blyton
Animal Farm - George Orwell

Not pictured (because it doesn't come out until Tuesday):
You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) - Felicia Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment