Friday, September 30, 2016

TBR October 2016

My intention today was to write a September wrap-up post briefly telling you about what I read this month. However, my week has not gone as planned and I have four books that I am desperately trying to finish. I have decided to give myself a day of grace so my wrap up post will be on Monday and today I'm going to briefly go over what I am planning to read this coming month. 

I am the queen of unrealistic TBR piles. Usually I have between 20-30 books on my monthly pile. I'm trying to be a little more realistic this month and I am just going to highlight the top 8 that I am determined to get to in October. (Though, of course, in my mind I have another 20 that I plan to get to...)

First of all, I want to read these five books:



Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
Enchanted Islands  by Allison Amend
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch




These are all books that I received through Book of the Month. They all came out this year and I have heard very little about any of them. (I did hear a positive review of The Woman in Cabin 10.) I just want to read them and be able to recommend them (on not) to you. 

The next book I want to get to in October is Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. This will be the first of my classics club reads. Though I am a great procrastinator, I'm going to try really hard to faithfully chip away at my list each month. 

I also want to read The Alabaster Box by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman. This was given to me as a birthday gift a couple months ago. I honestly know nothing about it but I am looking forward to reading it and sharing it with all of you!

Last (but most definitely not least), is Crosstalk by Connie Willis. 
Willis is one of those authors whose books I will pre-order, no questions asked. I can't even tell you how excited I am about this book. It will be read as soon as it arrives. I am just hoping that Amazon Prime comes through for me and it will be delivered on Tuesday, the day it is released. You can be sure I will be peeking out the windows whenever I think I hear the UPS truck!


Coming soon: 
Monday will be my September Wrap up and starting next Wednesday I will be participating in Top 5 Wednesday. Curious? Check out the Goodreads group here or just live in anticipation until then!

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment