Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sharing the Love of Books

I know, I know...the first question I need to answer is where have I been. The answer is simple. I have been right here. My summer took some unexpected turns and I wasn't getting in much reading. On top of that, the reading I was doing was mostly re-reading old favorites. However, summer is over. Routine has returned and with it my obsessive reading. So I am back and I will be updating you more regularly on what I have been reading and on all things book related. 

On that note, it's time for another readathon!!! Woohoo!!! Readathons have become one of my very favorite events during the year. I have been looking forward to this one so much and I am so pleased that I get to participate again. My stack of books is ready to go (more on that in another post) and I am committing the next few days to getting everything done that I possibly can to allow my weekend to be free of distractions.

I am doing something a little different this year that I wanted to share with you. This is the tenth anniversary of Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and it is my fifth time participating. In honor of that I wanted to do something to share my love of reading in a more tangible way. I have decided to use this opportunity to raise money to purchase books to donate to Toys for Tots this Christmas season. I personally am pledging 10 cents per page that I read. I would like to invite you to join me in this opportunity to bless kids with the gift of books. You can pledge per page I read or book I finish. You can encourage your kids to read and donate based on how much they (or you) read. Or you can avoid all confusion and math and just donate! It is completely up to you! I am working with Usborne Books & More to purchase these books and they will generously match donations at %50. That means that your donation of $10 becomes $15, $50 becomes $75, $100 becomes $150. My goal is to raise $800 in donations which will become $1200 in books! How exciting will it be to pour that amount of literature back into the local community?!?!?!

Here is the link if you would like to donate: 
https://www.youcaring.com/toysfortots-983431

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions at all just let me know. I will be back soon with more bookish goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment