Friday, January 20, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up 1/20/17

Okay all my wonderful readers, I am ashamed to admit it but I only completed one book this week. I know, it's completely pathetic. I'm sorry, I'll do better next week...

The book I finished this week was Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting when I picked up this book. I am well aware of the history of the Disney film and Travers dislike for it. Whatever it was I was expecting, this book was not it. It's just odd. Mary Poppins is a rather vain character and there is no plot, just little anecdotes and fanciful stories. (Also, did you know that Jane and Michael had younger twin siblings??? Who knew!?!?!) I enjoyed reading this book, I thought it was cute and I am always excited to read more of the children's classics that I somehow missed out on as a child. My advice? Don't go into this book expecting Disney and you'll probably like it just fine, otherwise you might be disappointed. 

Again, sorry for the brevity of today's post. I'm going to go read now in the hopes of redeeming myself next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment