Monday, November 7, 2016

Goodreads Tag

Since I talked briefly about Goodreads on Friday this seemed like an ideal opportunity to do the goodreads tag. This tag has been around for several years and I honestly don't know who started it so I'm not going to link any videos or blogs, I'm just going to get right to answering questions.

1. What was the last book that you read?
The last book I read was A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman and this book was phenomenal!!! Seriously, you should read it.

2. What book are you currently reading?
I am currently reading two books, The Alabaster Box by Mary Wilkins Freeman and A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

3. What was the last book you marked as 'to read'?
The last book I marked as 'to read' was Between Silk and Cyanide: A Codemaker's War, 1941-1945. I believe I saw it on one of my friends profiles.

4. What book do you plan to read next?
Well I have a stack of five sitting next to me that I will pull from. The options are The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett, In the Hall of the Dragon King by Stephen Lawhead, The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thad Carhart, The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart, and Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's always good to have options, right? 

5. Do you use the star rating system?
I do but I really wish you could give books half stars. 1-5 just isn't enough options. 

6. Are you doing a 2016 reading challenge?
Yes, I set myself a goal of 100 books and I have already met and passed that. I think next year I will set a goal of 120 because that averages out to 10 books per month which I think is a good goal. 

7. Do you have a wishlist?
I do have a wishlist but on Amazon, not goodreads. And it is not exclusively books, there are assorted Lego sets and episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 on there as well.

8. What book do you want to buy next?
I have no idea!

9. Do you have any favorite quotes?
"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."
 - L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

10. Do you have any favorite authors?
Yes and they fall into two different categories, living and deceased. My favorite deceased authors are C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and L.M.Montgomery. My favorite living authors are Jasper Fforde, Connie Willis, and Kate Morton. 

11. Have you joined any groups?
I belong to two different groups: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon and Top 5 Wednesday


That's all for today. If you want to follow my goodreads profile you can find it here
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment