Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Life Update

First of all, I need to apologize for being MIA the last week. Sometimes in life other things need to take priority over reading. I know, shocking but true. So last week, I took a couple of days to try and catch up on goals and accomplish other things that needed to be done. Ironically, once I get out of my normal routine, even if it's only for a day or two, I find the ripples from that small upheaval last for days or even weeks. So after not reading much or blogging for a couple days, I found myself in a bit of a reading slump. I have a goal of reading at least 100 pages per day and I don't think I have achieved that for over a week now. So Friday rolled around and I just had nothing to say. I tried, I really did. Truthfully, I actually had plenty to say, but none of it was book related and I've already promised not to subject you to my thoughts on relationships, politics, or general non-book related life. Then Monday rolled around and, if I continue being honest, I didn't even try. The thought of blogging strolled through my mind but I easily ignored it. The good news is, today all of that changes. I am back on track! I am blogging and I am going to get my 100 pages of reading in (hopefully more)!

I do want to let you know about a couple of changes that will be coming up in the next couple of weeks for this blog. I am going to be switching from doing a monthly wrap up of what I read to a weekly wrap up and currently reading post every Friday, starting this week. I'm hoping this will prevent me from letting books sit too long on the currently reading pile. We'll see, but if I decide I don't like it I can always switch back. 

Next week I'll have my first Classics Club book review to post and we'll have Top 5 Wednesday again. Also, I have a very exciting project lined up for December and I'll talk more about that next week as well. Teaser: It involves wrapping things...

That's all for today, now shut down your electronics and get out there and read...unless you read on an electronic device, then don't shut it down...either way, HAPPY READING!


No comments:

Post a Comment