Friday, October 14, 2016

Classics Book Tag

It's time for another book tag and today we are doing Classics! The classics book tag was created by Vienna at It's a Books World and you can check out that blog here

1. An overhyped classic you really didn't like:
     I've mentioned before that I'm not a huge Jane Austen fan so I'm going to have to say Pride and Prejudice. I don't hate it, I just don't love it.

2. Favorite time period to read about:
     World War II. I love anything and everything related to WWII! 

3. Favorite fairy-tale:
     Beauty and the Beast

4. Classic you are most embarrassed about not having read:
     Probably Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, and I've never read any Shakespeare.

5. Top 5 classics you would like to read soon:
     The Secret Garden - Francis Hodgson Burnett
     The Little Princess - Francis Hodgson Burnett
     Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
     Villette - Charlotte Bronte
     Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

6. Favorite modern book/series based on a classic:
     I can't come up with anything that exactly fits this category but I do want to mention The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde. Though not based on Jane Eyre there are many ways in which this novel pays homage to Jane Eyre and Charlotte Bronte and I think if you love Jane Eyre you will really appreciate this book as well. 

7. Favorite movie/TV series based on a classic:
     I am not a big fan of movies, especially book to movie adaptations. That being said can we please have a snow day this year when we can just sit and absorb the wonderfulness that is Anne of Green Gables? If ever there was an actress worthy of bearing the name 'Anne' it was Megan Follows. (But let's just forget about that atrocious third movie, shall we?)

8. Worst classic to movie adaptation:
     The Count of Monte Cristo (the 2002 version with Jim Caviezel). I know several people that love this movie but I'm pretty sure none of them have read the book because the movie changed the entire plot line...and the ending...so...yeah...just...stop...

9. Favorite edition(s) you'd like to collect more classics from:
     I'm taking a little liberty because it say 'own more of' and I don't own any of these but I lust after them. We are, of course, talking about the Folio Society editions. Each hardcover book is illustrated by a different artist and comes in its own slipcase. They are just gorgeous! And expensive, which would be why I don't own any.

10. An underhyped classic you would recommend to everyone:
     This is a difficult question because classics, by nature, tend to be hyped. But I definitely think The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins deserves a wider readership. 



That's it for this tag. If you could recommend one classic that everyone should read, what would it be? As always, thanks for reading and have a lovely bookish weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment