Monday, December 12, 2016

Winter Wonderland Book Tag

Winter seems to finally be arriving here in the pacific northwest. Christmas is fast approaching and the first snow has covered the ground (and of course melted away). Now seem like the perfect time for a wintry book tag. The Winter Wonderland book tag was created by JackEatsLife and you can watch the original video here.

What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?
Anne of Green Gables
I feel like I always talk about the same books but I can't avoid it on this question. Because...it's Anne of Green Gables!!!



What is your favorite book with a white cover?
This is a tough one but I'm going with All clear by Connie Willis. This is the conclusion to her World War II time travel duology and it's just so good. If you're going to embark on reading Willis though I recommend starting with Doomsday Book.


You're sitting in a nice comfy chair, with a lovely hot chocolate. What monster of a book are you reading?
This is a great question because I have just started reading a monster of a book. So this month the answer to this question is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I've only read the first 50 pages so I haven't formed an opinion on it yet...stay tuned for that...


It started snowing. What fictional character would you love to have a snowball fight with?
Merry and Pippin...even though they would give me a sound beating, it would be hilarious!



Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. What book would you tear the last few chapters out of to throw in the fire?
Looking for Alaska by John Green. Honestly though I would burn the entire book. I don't understand why everyone seems to love John Green. The two books I read of his were more than enough to discover that I wasn't a fan!


What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn't read before but wants to get into reading?
Hmmmm, this is a tough question because it would really depend on the person. I don't want to necessarily give them my favorite book. I want to give them something that will speak to them. But I think something I always recommend for non-readers is The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. They are quick reads full of adventure and beautiful fantasy. Always a win!






1 comment: